Drumdojo Site & Forums - Terms & Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions will apply to you when using Drumdojo Site & Forums.
You agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions as outlined below. Should you reject the following terms and conditions and not wish to be bound by them, then use of the Drumdojo website is prohibited to you.
We may update these terms and conditions from time to time without notice. In addition to the following terms and conditions You agree also to be bound by any guidelines or announcements from the administration team that are made during your membership of Drumdojo. In addition, when using particular sections of Drumdojo, You shall be subject to any additional rules or variations of posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services which may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the Terms and Conditions.
These definitions shall apply to the following terms and conditions in their entirety.
- The term “You” or “Your” within these terms and conditions shall be accepted to refer to you, the user of Drumdojo.
- The term “We” or “Us” or “Drumdojo” refers to the Drumdojo Forums, Drumdojo web site and includes its members.
- The term “Registration Information” refers to any and all information that is provided by You to Us.
- The term “Member” refers to the members of Drumdojo either individually or as a group.
- The term “Content” refers to but is not confined to text, links or images found within this web site
- The term “Confidential” refers to any and all information not available to the general public.
2. Acceptable Behaviour
Your use of Drumdojo shall be in accordance with these conditions, which are non-negotiable.
You agree that you will not:
- Post, transmit, upload, email or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; for example, inside information, confidential or proprietary information gained or disclosed as a part of employment relationships, or under agreements of nondisclosure.
- Post, transmit, upload, email or otherwise make available any content that in doing so infringes upon a trademark, patent, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any party.
- Post, transmit, upload, email or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses, computer code, programs or files that are designed to interrupt, limit the functionality of or destroy any computer hardware or software, or telecommunications equipment.
- Post, transmit, upload, email or otherwise make available any content that is illegal, abusive, harassing, defamatory, confidential, harmful, threatening, vulgar, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, or ethnically, racially or otherwise objectionable.
- Impersonate any person or entity. This includes but is not limited to, any Drumdojo team member or administrator, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with another person or entity.
- Manipulate or forge headers or identifiers with the intention of disguising the origin of any content that you provide to the Drumdojo.com web site.
- Register or post in excess of one account with Us. Should it come to our attention that you have registered more than one account, we may remove your posting rights, therefore prohibiting your participation on Drumdojo.
3. Forum Use
This section governs use of the discussion forum, and applies to all users either directly or indirectly, registered or otherwise.
You agree that you will not:
- Provoke others or cause trouble. If you wish to argue with people then go to instant messenger or email.
- Make personal attacks on anyone during your use of the forum.
- Do not abuse someone for example, because of their race, colour, sex, sexuality, or religious beliefs.
- Reignite inflammatory threads by creating new threads after existing threads on the same topic have been closed.
- Use bad language.
- Attempt to take threads off-topic or make off-topic posts within threads.
- Off topic posts may be removed at our discretion. The section marked as a designated “off-topic” area is more relaxed on off-topic posts.
- Argue a moderators decision publicly. Any and all complaints directed at a moderating decision should first be addressed to the moderator in question via private message. If the problem can not be resolved, then You should state Your position to the webmasters, who will make or change any and/or all final decisions on a democratic basis.
- Reproduce messages sent using the forum Private Messaging function on the forum or anywhere else without permission from the sender, unless requested to by an administrator for site administration purposes.
- Have a signature larger than the size indiated. If your signature is larger than the allotted size given, you will be requested by a moderator to resize your image. Failing to append your signature when requested to by a member of Our staff will result in the removal of your signature.
- Signatures may not contain adverts or links of any sort unless previously agreed by Us.
- Please keep text signatures under 4 lines.
- Provide links to third party web sites or content unless given express permission to do so by a moderator or administrator.
- The exception to this condition is a link relevant to any discussion taking place will be permitted within the context of that discussion.
- We may remove third party links at any time with or without explanation.
- You must not post or provide any links anywhere on Drumdojo, that contain affiliate Id’s which enables anyone, directly or indirectly to profit.
- Flame the Drumdojo staff or technicians in the Drumdojo forum. Abusive posts will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
You agree that:
- We may, for content management purposes, move a forum thread to a more appropriate forum area if We feel that it is situated in the incorrect forum area.
- We may close a thread for content management purposes. This would usually be because the discussion in the thread is not moving along, users are not covering new points, or that the discussion is going around in circles. We would also consider whether the discussion is interesting or motivates participation in the context of the forum subject matter.
- We may use an infraction or three-strike system to warn of inappropriate conduct.
- Abusive PMs to the team may attract a suspension, multiple strikes or even a permanent ban.
- We reserve the right to permanently ban spammers and persistent troublemakers.
- Drumdojo Forums is a worldwide English speaking forum, all posts, articles, signatures or other submissions should be made in English. This is so that we may verify their meaning.
- Poor quality submissions may be amended so their meaning is more clear
4. Third Party Web sites
- You accept that we cannot be held responsible for any third party Web sites that you may access through Drumdojo, and further agree that any third party content is not our responsibility. Although we may offer an advertising service, we do not endorse or moderate any advertising, third party web sites or content unless clearly stated, and therefore cannot be held liable or responsible for any promotion, content, service or product that is located on a third party web site. We further cannot be held liable or responsible for any loss or damage, offence that may be caused, or that you allege has been caused by third party content or Web sites
- All and any contact that you have with third party traders or Web sites that you may come into contact with during your use of Drumdojo, including but not limited to payments for products or services, any conditions made, warranties offered, or contracts entered into, are your responsibility and not the responsibility of Drumdojo.
5. Our Rights
- You acknowledge and accept that the Drumdojo site contains a large and varied amount of content loosely affiliated with the subject area of the site, such content may be written by Drumdojo, by members, ourside bodies or from any other source. We are not obliged check content posted by you or others prior to it being placed on the web site. We therefore reserve the right to remove, amend or delete in part or in its entirety, any content that you may submit should we feel that it violates these terms and conditions or any guidelines or announcements that may be posted elsewhere on Drumdojo.
- We are neither liable nor responsible for the content that you submit. We will make an effort to monitor such content as appropriate and we will act accordingly should we be informed of any objectionable or inappropriate material. You acknowledge and accept that all content posted on this site becomes the property of the site owners, you acknowledge that You are the author of each message posted and Drumdojo are the publishers.
- Each member has 30 minutes to edit or delete their post from the time posted, after this time your posts cannot be altered or removed, you may submit a request to the webmaster or site moderators, to edit or delete your post after the 30 minutes. We will not however, be under any obligation to accept requests to edit or delete a post or a significant amount or all your posts in their entirety. If you request your account to be deleted you acknowledge and accept that we are under no obligation to edit or delete all your posts submitted on the site.
- You acknowledge and accept that we have the right to temporarily or permanently remove your ability to post content, and that we further have the right to ban you from the Drumdojo should you break any of these Terms and Conditions.
- You acknowledge and accept that in certain circumstances we have the right to provide information to your ISP at our discretion following but not limited to severe disruption by you, the provision of illegal or abusive content, any attempts made by you to re-register after being banned, or for any other reason that involves you breaking these Terms and Conditions.
- You acknowledge that reproduction of material from this web site without prior written permission is strictly prohibited. All contributions to this site are also copyright of the site owner.
- You acknowledge and accept that if you are banned from use of the Drumdojo web site, you will not in any way attempt to re-register using any other name or identity not known to us, or any other email address not known to us. If you do so, we will pursue the maximum penalty available under your Internet Service.